AVIR is a nationally recognized provider of continuing education for technologists through its Approval of Continuing Education (ACE) system. Through ACE, the AVIR approves continuing education activities for credit and provides its members with a computerized transcript documenting participation in any of the programs annually offered nationwide by the AVIR.
ACE Application Instructions
- Submit complete applications. Incomplete applications may be returned.
- Allow four (4) weeks for processing. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED LESS THAN TWO WEEKS BEFORE THE ACTIVITY. If an activity needs to be approved in less than four weeks please contact AVIR headquarters first to confirm availability.
- Applications must be submitted online using the forms below.
- Applications must include copies of brochures, flyers or other promotion materials.
- Application for Self-Study programs must include quiz and any supporting materials.
- Applications for Directed Readings must include a copy of the published work or articles.
- Applications for speakers must include a copy of the program with speaker's name listed.
ALL MATERIALS AND PAYMENT FOR THE APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BEFORE THE APPLICATION IS REVIEWED.
- $40 Single Activity
- $150 Multiple Activity discount - 6 Single Activities in 6 Months
- $100 Multi-Session Program - One Day
- $200 Multi-Session Program - 2+ Day Meeting
- $110 Commercial Company - One Activity 1 Year
- $200 Commercial Company - One Activity 2 Years
Submitting a Single Activity Application
Applications Training Course
Please complete this form for applications training courses. CE credit for equipment applications training is based on didactic lecture and demonstration time only. Credit will not be assigned for hands on practice sessions. Please note: as per ARRT RCEEM guidelines, applications training courses approved for AVIR credit will be denoted with "C" for activities conducted at corporate facility and "F" for activities conducted at local institution facility.
Select this option for activities that are relevant to the practice of Interventional Radiology. Lectures less than 30 minutes will not be considered for continuing education credit. A contact hour is based on 50 minutes. Presentations lasting 30 to 49 minutes will be assigned one-half credit.
Directed Journal Reading
Credits may be obtained for completion of Directed Readings for articles, which are pre-approved by the AVIR. Credit can only be received once for any given article.
Please complete this form for "review" format activities that are relevant to the practice of interventional radiology. Lectures less than 30 minutes will not be considered for continuing education credit. A contact hour is based on 50 minutes. Presentations lasting 30 to 49 minutes will be assigned one-half credit.
Submitting a Multi-Session Activity Application
Use this activity type to upload conferences or other multi-session activity. You will need to supply the Excel form template provided following the data requirements outlined in the instructions. You will also need supporting documentation of the activity such as a program guide and CVs of presenters. All presenter CVs must be combined into a single PDF file to be uploaded. (Uploaded files must be smaller than 25mb)