January 16 2015 by
Join us in ATLANTA - Registration is OPEN
The current weather in Atlanta, GA is sunny and in the high 50’s!!! Imagine what it will be in FOURTY-ONE DAYS when our 2015 Annual Meeting commences!!! What topics and presenters are you excited for?!!! Is it Dr. Alex Berenstein with Neuro IR & Stroke? Or does Women’s Health and Issues interest you? Boston Children’s Hospital’s Gulraiz Chaudry will present Extreme Vascular Malformation’s and back by popular demand the hilarious Dr. Seyan Senlar will present Extreme IR. Don’t forget our combined day with our nursing colleagues where you will obtain your Radiation Protection credit. You don’t want to miss out on the MGH Simulation Team presenting Emergency Reactions and IR Simulation. If you are studying for your VI Boards and are looking for a fantastic review? Well our VI Review with our President-Elect Alisha Hawrylack will give you everything you need to know for the big day! And head on over to the vendor exhibit hall for a chance to win a fabulous prize at the end of the week and keep get up to minute updates with our brand new AVIR App! Please join us and our nursing colleagues from ARIN on Sunday evening for our 2015 soiree and take in 360 degree views of the Atlanta skyline at Ventanas.
We hope to see you there!
Posted in Member News | 0 comments
January 14 2015 by
On behalf of the AVIR, we would like to thank you for the opportunity to spend a weekend with you in D.C.
The time we had to meet, talk, and learn from each of you was invaluable to us. As the AVIR continues its partnership with you, it is our goal to continue to provide you with unique and relevant educational workshops and conferences.
Your honest feedback will help to shape those educational offerings to ensure we are providing you with what you need in your continued pursuit of higher education. With that in mind, please take a few minutes to tell us what you thought
Thank you for the opportunity to participate in your professional development, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Posted in Member News | 3 comments
April 21 2014 by
Our 2014 Award of excellence recipent Anne Kubasiak will be running the 118th Boston Marathon today! This year's Boston Marathon will be an emotional running as it marks the 1 year anniversary of the bombing that occured at the finsih line on Boylston St. Anne had finished minutes before the bombing occured and this year she returns to Boston to join 36,000 of her friends to show that "We Are Boston Strong." Join us in wishing Anne luck!!!
Posted in | 2 comments
April 19 2014 by
Vascular and Interventional Radiographer - Immediate Industry Position – Clinical Specialist
New Vascular Product Launch - Immediate Part Time to Full-Time Project Opportunities
Employer: Magellan Medical Technology Consultants, Inc.
Status: Part-Time (24 hours/week guaranteed to start) to Full-Time
Location: Central Region – Texas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Alabama, Arkansas
Magellan Medical www.magellanmed.com a leader in strategic Medtech consulting and national field teams has outstanding immediate part – time (24 hours/week guaranteed to start) to full-time (40 hours/week) opportunities for experienced technicians and or nurses with vascular/venous procedural experience.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
• Responsible for the in-field physician and staff clinical training and on-going clinical education function for outpatient vascular products and procedures with physicians, medical staff and various medical personnel as well as internal and external employees.
• 5+ years of vascular experience with knowledge of vascular disease states and interventional outpatient therapy such as EVLT and sclerotherapy, RVT preferred
• Ability to travel regionally 50%
• Experience as industry clinical specialists, preferred
• Flexibility to work more than three days a week as the product launch gains momentum
• Ability to comprehend principles of vascular physiology and current and new interventional therapies
• Excellent analytical thinking skills
• Ability to begin late April early May
• Excellent oral and written skills
• Effective team member
Salary, Benefits and Other
• Attractive compensation package with full medical, life, disability and vacation benefits once working 32 hours on a consistent basis
• Company offers a dynamic team environment with an excellent opportunity for professional growth and advancement
Magellan Medical Technology Consultants, Inc.
Posted in | 0 comments
April 06 2014 by
Were you able to get to San Diego? Tell us what you think...
If you were there:
- What did you think?
- What can we do better?
- What can we do different?
If you were unable to attend:
- What can we do to get you there?
- Can you get to one if its closer to you?
- Does your workplace still re-imburese for education?
Posted in Member News | 0 comments