Here are 10 Service Phrases Your Team Members Should Know:
10. The TEN most important words:
“I APOLOGIZE FOR OUR MISTAKE. LET ME MAKE IT RIGHT.”
When something goes wrong, most people just want to be heard and acknowledged. So listen, apologize, then ask what you can do to make it right.
9. The NINE most important words:
“THANK YOU FOR YOUR BUSINESS, PLEASE COME BACK AGAIN.”
Repeat customers cost less than new customers and are often more loyal.
8. The EIGHT most important words:
“I’M NOT SURE, BUT I WILL FIND OUT.”
It’s ok if you don’t know the answer; it’s not ok to make the customer keep searching for it. That’s your job.
7. The SEVEN most important words:
“WHAT ELSE CAN I DO FOR YOU?”
Be prepared to go the extra mile; there is less competition there.
6. The SIX most important words:
“WHAT IS MOST CONVENIENT FOR YOU?”
Your customers will be pleasantly surprised when you ask what’s convenient for them.
5. The FIVE most important words:
“HOW MAY I SERVE YOU?”
This question reinforces your role in the relationship. Play that role the best you can.
4. The FOUR most important words:
“HOW DID WE DO?”
Feedback is critical! Your customers have a unique perspective and they appreciate being asked.
3. The THREE most important words:
“GLAD YOU’RE HERE!”
Customers who feel welcome spend more time, more money and are more likely to return.
2. The TWO most important words:
Basic manners…but how often do you get thanked when you’re the customer?
1. The ONE most important word:
Become a yes person, its the single most important thing you can do